Tuition fees are 8,000 EUR per year for third-country (non-EU) students and 4,000 EUR per year for European students, and are to be paid to the coordinating HEI (ULB). These fees only include enrolment fees, access to courses and exams and insurance costs. However, note that some excursions (and related travel and accommodation) are at the expense of the students. The tuition fees do not include amongst others costs related to visa and preparatory documents, accommodation, living expenses, travel and transportation. Also note that some students travelling to UQ may need an extra Australian government-approved Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). However, students obtaining a scholarship may have these costs covered as well.
TROPIMUNDO Candidates can also apply for an EC scholarship, which is however limited by a number of criteria:
- Scholarships are available for the first call only (2015 deadline: 30/11/2014).
- Only candidates who have applied to and have been accepted by the TROPIMUNDO consortium in accordance with its specific students' application and selection criteria, are eligible for a scholarship.
- Students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to the Action 1 joint Erasmus Mundus Masters Course programme (EMMC) of their choice but the number of applications must be limited to maximum three different joint programmes (EMMC and EMJD, joint doctorates, together).
- Category A scholarships (limited to 16000 EUR Tuition fees for two years, plus 8000 EUR contribution to travel, installation, visa related costs and any other type of costs for two years, plus a monthly allowance of 1000 EUR) can be awarded to third-country masters students selected by EMMC consortia who come from a country other than a European country ("European Countries" in accordance with Article 9 of the Erasmus Mundus Programme Decision comprise the 27 EU Member States plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in these countries. The five-year reference period for this 12-month rule is calculated backwards as from the submission deadline 30/11/2014.
- Category B scholarships (limited to 8000 EUR Tuition fees for two years, plus 3000 EUR contribution to travel, installation, visa related costs and any other type of costs for two years, plus a monthly allowance of 500 EUR) can be awarded to European masters students selected by the TROPIMUNDO consortium as well as to any masters students selected by the TROPIMUNDO consortium who do not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above.
In view of the new Erasmus+ Scholarships nationals from EU candidate countries as well as from countries that intend to sign a cooperation agreement with the EU for their full participation in Erasmus+ are to become "nationals from an E+ programme country" and will have to be offered Category B scholarships.